Wednesday, October 14, 2015

5-Minute Mommy Makeup

I love makeup. Not necessarily because I think I need it; although at this point in my life I can't really see myself going most places without a little coverage. Plus, I truly dislike seeing women go to the food store, corner store or anywhere outside their home looking a hot mess! So for me, make up on a daily basis is essential, no matter how little.

I will be honest, some mornings I want to opt out of the beauty routine and just go out as is, then I am reminded that I have to look in the faces of atleast one hundred people today, I'm a professional, I'm a mom and believe it or not there are some women that are inspired by me and the way I keep myself together.

I remember recently I went to work after working the night before. I didn't do much of anything to my face and the first thing the assistant at work said to me was "What's happening hunny, I'm not use to this" she went on to say how she likes that I'm always "fixed" and that she even tried arching her brows like mine but that hadn't work the way she planned. Long story short, there's always someone watching.

Now while a full face beat down isn't necessary every day, here are some makeup essentials that can get you from drab to fab in under 5 minutes!
  1. Eyeliner: life started only after I discovered the beauty of eye liner. With the perfect shade, lining your eyes based on your eye shape is an excellent way to draw emphasis to your eyes and bring energy to your face. 
  2. Eyebrows: not many people have seen me without my eye brows done. I do believe that the brow is the single most important element to a face. Skip the eyeshadow, lipstick, blush and give me eyebrows any day! Ensure that your brows are always groomed. Whether you are a naturalists or you draw your brows on, be sure that they are shaved/ waxed/ plucked and keeps a shape that enhances your face.

    Side note: I love my big eyes, so most of my attention is placed on the eyes. 
  3. Concealer: or your lifeline as some persons may refer to it. Concealer can hide dark circles under the eyes, even out the skin and bring a new smoothness to problem areas. It's perfection in a tube, especially for days when you got little to no sleep before. (i.e. sick baby, breast feeding, kids with nightmares)
  4. Lip Color: be it a bold lippie or nude gloss, adding lip color to your everyday looks adds the extra glam that's perfect for any mom.  
And there you have it, my every day 5-minute make up look
To be honest, most days I am putting on my face in the parking lot of my daughter's school as I wait for her classroom to open up because like most moms, time in the morning is a luxury. The above essentials have gotten me through sleepless nights and even longer days! What make up essentials do you use to glam up?

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I wish I felt like doing the five minutes in the morning. LOL. Lately, it's just lipgloss or lipstick and gloss. That's probably the only constant.

    I love the way your eyes look... especially your eyebrows. I grew up with very thick brows and now that I am closer to 50 than 40 those thick brows are thick in some spots and thin in other. So, when I'm feeling up to it I may put an effort into them. And, I keep promising myself to find a shop I trust to shape them.

    Thanks for sharing your 5-minute tips. :-)

    ReplyDelete