Monday, November 21, 2016

30 Before 30

This weekend I officially turned 30 and as I sit in retrospect on the past 29 years of my life, I can't help but to think how amazing life has been. There has been heartache, amazing moments, successful moments and moments I simply wish I could undo. Despite it all, the best part of my 29 years in this world is that I lived, every moment. I made mistakes (a lot of mistakes), I've stumbled and gotten back up and here I am, days away from the start of a new chapter.



Experience is the greatest teacher of life; here are 30 things I did before 30 that has taught me my greatest lessons:
  1. Accept that there is a Greater Power that controls the world. 
    No matter your religion, understand that there is a divine power beyond you and I.
  2. Fall In Love
    You haven't experienced life until you have had that one person who stole your heart and then broke it into a thousand pieces.
  3. Learn A New Culture
    Whether its through a book, blog or article, learn about somewhere new and see how people outside of your immediate circle live.
  4. Travel 
    If you are lucky enough to travel, do it. DO IT OFTEN!
  5. Travel Alone
    Nothing says vacation like waking up in a hotel room in the afternoon, not having to walk the dog or wake up at the "crack of dawn" to take your daughter to ballet.
  6. Visit these amazing placeTake a European Tour , Climb the Mountains in Colorado, Drink Ice Wine in Niagara Falls.
  7. Learn a Language
    Beyond making yourself attractive in the job market, having multiple languages under your belt can prove beneficial, especially if you are like me and into foreign men ( wink wink).
  8. Learn to Cook 
    I am fortunate to have grown up with parents who taught me how to live independently. Nothing makes an evening perfect than cooking while enjoying a glass of wine. It's also a plus when dating, men like women who cook.
  9. Eat to Live 
    It's fun to eat fries at 2am after a drunk night in the club, but it will catch up with you, and when it does, you can not get rid of it! ( Experience speaking)
  10. Make Mistakes
    My best lessons in life were made after doing some really dumb things. I mean really, really dumb.
  11. Go on a Blind Date
    Speaking of dumb things......
  12. Learn a New Hobby 
    I never liked wine, after taking a few wine classes and learning of its complexities, I became a wine lover. Ask me about any grape variety and I can tell you its history.
  13. Love Again 
    I truly thought the father of my child was the man I would spend forever with (BAHAHAHA). The best thing about love is that it happens often, Experience it, Live it, love it. 
  14. Learn Yourself 
    In my teens, I wanted everyone I met to like me. In my twenties, I completely stopped giving a s$*t. As I approach thirty, I understand that the more self aware you are, the more fulfilling life will be.
  15. Live in Balance
    There's no right or wrong way to experience life; what's most important is understanding balance.
  16. Vent 
    Keeping your struggles and frustrations to yourself is never good. Speak to someone about it. Get it out of your system and move on to something greater!
  17. Visit a Strip Club 
    LOL, just trust me on this one. There are lessons to learnt at the strip club.
  18. Meditate 
    There is something beautiful about clearing your mind and expressing considered thoughts on a particular subject.
  19. Have a baby
    Ok this may not be an experience for everyone, but my life COMPLETELY changed after having my chocolate dropped. Motherhood is the greatest empowerment.
  20. Watch a Luche Libre 
    Mexican Wrestling. That is all.
  21. Drive and tumble off an ATV in the desert
    Everything looks good on TV, in real life, different story.
  22. STOP GIVING A SHIT 
    If all it does is bring you headache, let it go.
  23. Drink Until you throw up 
    This isn't exactly good advice, but there is a lesson to be learnt with your face smothered in the toilet and covered in vomit.
  24. Enjoy Your Freedom
    I never understood the importance of time alone until I had my kid, even showers are with an audience. 
  25. When Someone tells you who they are; believe them
    If it looks like a duck, smells like a duck and moves like a duck; guess what, it's a duck!
  26. Singleness  is okay
    All my closest friends are married, my co-workers (well the ones I like), my sister and the list goes on. I remember many nights sitting up red eyed and running nose because no one wanted to marry me. Then I had my 'aha' moment. Marriage (if its for me) will come, but for now, I will enjoy my singleness. Every. Bit. Of. It!
  27. When Life gives you Lemons 
    Make lemonade, scrub your face with the lemon peel and use the lemon skin to freshen the air in your apartment! There is no one path in life, use the resources you have to create the life you want.
  28. Never Doubt Yourself 
    If it feels right; do it!
  29. There's always tomorrow
    Days will become hectic, priority lists may not be completed; relax there's always tomorrow.
  30. HAPPINESS IS A MOVING TARGET 
    Once on task or goal is completed; know that the journey does not end, it simply change course.

No comments:

Post a Comment