Saturday, October 1, 2016

OH October!

September was good to me, heck I would go so far as to say September was GREAT! I crossed so many items from my bucket list all on one trip. That's right, for the first time in my life I traveled to the United Kingdom and had a European Adventure all in one week! From London to Germany to Manchester, Italy and then back to London, I visited three countries in a matter of days ( and I have the tired, jet lagged body to proved it); but we will get into that in another post, with lots of pictures.

Today we celebrate the start of a new month! Not only is it the first of the month (get up wake up, it's the first of the month), but its the beginning of a month of health awareness, trial and learning for me. I can sit here and go on and on with the many reasons why I chose to do everything else this year BUT live a healthy life, but if I did we would be here forever. For whatever reason, this week I came to the conclusion that I am sick of being unhealthy ( not to mention looking unhealthy).

Now for the average person that knows me, they would wonder what in the world am I talking about. No I am not overweight ( to the average person), I take basic care of myself and to anyone who sees me, would think, "I am a well put together mom who prides herself on looking her best". Yes, but what about the inside? Ten months has past in 2016 and only six weeks out of those ten months have I done any form of exercise; and to be honest, I only committed to those six weeks after spending $150.00 to enroll.Not to mention, my daily intake includes at least a 3-pack of beers ( I'm a brand manager for Coors Light duh!), fried foods, processed carbs, sweets, wine (no excuse, I just love it) and my choice of  a cold soda (preferably Coca Cola) or energy drink; depending on how difficult life is on that particular day. It's no wonder I have this cute little tube sitting around my waist that restricts any thought of looking sexy.

After seriously evaluating my health and knowing that I want to have the energy and live a life where I am able to enjoy every moment with my daughter, I have decided to make October the month I become clean! Honestly, this is the most difficult decision I have ever made because I am doing some drastic 'ish; but I am committed to making the next 31 days the battlefield for a new life of health and I want you to hold me accountable. Starting today I commit to:
  1. No Alcohol: This is going to be the most difficult because 1. It's my job to market alcohol all day every day. 2. peer pressure is a mutha  3. Good lort, no wine?
  2. No Fried Foods: Bamboo Shack ( for all my Bahamian readers, God's gift to the islands), fried bacon, fried wings (which I typically enjoy with my cold beer at the end of each day). UGGHHH
  3. No Sweets: Sodas, energy drinks, chocolate, donuts, all the things that makes life great. Except fruits, I am not giving them up.
  4. Limited Carbs: Okay, so I am not crazy. I have tried the no carbs thing and it was too much. I am however, going to limit my carb intake and choose healthier options. i.e sweet potatoe mash in place of the regular garlic, cheese mash with extra butter.
  5. Exercise: At least three times per week for a minimum of one hour. I will exercise. Whether its yoga, jogging, at home workouts, 3 days per week will include some form of exercise.
  6. Water: The goal- 1 gallon a day.  Whew 

There is a lot more I can add to this list, but for now, baby steps. The goal isn't to get skinnier, although a lean body for my 30th would be great. The goal is to be healthy and more aware of what I put into my body, remembering that it is a temple. Join me as I journey this month to a healthier me! Expect quick and easy recipes, workout tips, melt downs and more. Challenge yourself with me and let me know in the comments below. Tips or advice on what can make more of an impact, let me know.

To a health awareness and a productive month!
Cheers ( with lots of water) 

That Jazzy Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment