Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Champagne and Character: Here's to 2016

Could you believe that we are almost done with January? I can't with the speed at which this year is going, already.  Seriously, where did the time go? 2015 flew pass quickly for me and in some instances, I barely kept up, but 2016, 2016 will be different, it's my promise to myself. 

To recap, in 2015 I started my "dream job" for this season, completed four semesters of grad school, became a college drop out, climbed the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, had lunch with the prime minister of Mexico, took my daughter on a chartered plane to an island (yup a mini plane with a total of six seats inclusive of the pilot 😁), became the brand manager for a major portfolio within the organization, drank beers for the first time and consumed alcohol, way too much champagne; in short, 2015 I lived! 

The funny thing about living is the more you do it the more you want. I remember when a basic life was quite sufficient for me, mundane job, basic bae, barely there friends and the list could go on. However, the more I experience new things, new culture, new people; I can not help but to want more. More goals, more results, more travel, more food, more fun, more love, more life, more relationships, more God, more more.

To be quite honest, as I approach thirty years on this earth, I'm filled with mixed feelings. I'm still single (for what seems like forever), my business that I thought would be an empire by now still only has the "e", I can not boast of being the world's greatest mother and the list goes on. However, despite it all I celebrate. I celebrate the baby steps that are pulling me more each day to my purpose, the happiness of teaching my daughter something new, getting out of bed on a Saturday morning  to catch a yoga class; substituting a burger with a salad, being 'social' on social media at least once a week; small victories catapulting me to where I need to be; and for that I celebrate!  


For 2016 my goal is simple, to live the most fulfilling life I can, while celebrating along the way. That means more mistakes, more risks, more opportunities and ofcourse more champagne and I'm game! What are your goals for 2016? 

No comments:

Post a Comment