Tuesday, July 12, 2016

3 Things You Should Not Feel Guilty About

" When you put yourself out there, expect judgement, the good and the bad" 
                                                                                                            - Anni 

Recently I wrote a blog post about how sometimes I tell the occasional lie to get my daughter to do things, as expected, there were persons that agreed and some that disagreed ( life). Beyond the comments, I had a few persons send messages to my inbox filled with hate, this, I can not accept. As parents, we have enough going on in our lives to not have to be attacked by other parents for our opinions or the ways in which we parent.

3 things I refused to feel guilty for as a parent:

  1. Staying loyal to my beliefs and opinions 
    In writing that post, I knew there would be backlash. I doubted posting and even placed it back in drafts after I originally published. Then I thought, this is truth, there is nothing in what I am saying that harms any one. I want to be authentic, this is the authentic me.
  2. Owning my peace 
    Hate is such an ugly thing and for those that know me, I try to avoid anything that takes me away from my peace. While I could spend days responding to the "hate mail" from mothers attacking me based on my way of parenting; I chose to take from each email nuggets that can aid to my growth, discarding all others. I especially appreciated the comment from reader Rhonda Gales, who publicly and respectfully disagreed and gave suggestions for dealing with tough situations (a huge thanks).
  3. Being ME 
    "Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you". Your way of processing life will vary from others. Learn as you go, take from others while giving in a way that impacts those around you; but never lose yourself on the journey. 

Signed, 
Me
That Jazzy Mom 



2 comments:

  1. Thank You for all of your insights and inspirations. You need to true to yourself. Those who disagree are under no obligation to read your posts. We are here to be supportive to one another. Parenting is a tough job, so anything we can do to offer positive words of encouragement and support are welcomed. Wishing you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the words of encouragement, Agreed we need to support each other!

    ReplyDelete