Wednesday, April 12, 2017

It Gets Better

Ok so if you haven't had a chance to catch up on the blog, here's a recap of what you missed. I'm officially 30, read about that here and I am now living in Turks & Caicos Islands with major separation anxiety. Each day gets easier but there are still those moments, particularly in the evening time, when I would typically hear the exciting stories of kindergarten from my daughter as we eat and prepare for the following day. Funny how we take for granted the moments that help to create happiness.

Be that as it may, I'm slowly developing a routine that consists of work, walking my dog ( best decision yet ), crossfit and then a nice glass of wine (for the purpose of work and learning of course). In addition to this routine, my every day "going and coming" has played a big role, not to mention my family and friends who continue to include me in everything as if I was there, namely:

  1. Evening video calls with my daughter! From what she's had for lunch, to the new kids she has met at her Easter camp, to the minute by minute run down of her doctor visit, our evening recaps keeps things as close to normal as they can be in this moment.
     
  2. Whatsapp Groups I swear to you I have at least 25 Whatsapp groups on my phone. Luckily, I've been able to switch to my new local number and decide which groups I wanted to take with me (blessing in disguise). Birthday celebrations, births, deaths and even politics in The Bahamas, I haven't missed a beat!
  3. Whatsapp Calls I'm actually embarrassed to type this because the hatred I had for Whatsapp calls has turned into a love story. To be able to pick up the phone and have a conversation for hours without worrying about a bill is a blessing that cant be compared.
Things are looking up. I am a little less anxious and actual smiled this morning at what's to come. The laid back island life is ideal for raising kids, saving money and enjoying the moments. Challenge accepted. 

Signed, 

Counting Down the Months to Adaya's Arrival

No comments:

Post a Comment